• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check This...

thats not in the how-to on installing a locker...

maybe i should do more homework first?

Oh holly crap are you joking me lol Someone please tell me that is just a joke. There's the winner of the best use of duct tape, or should that be worse

Heres an idea, "duct tape LS". Stuff a bunch of duct tape in between the spiders and between the tape sticking to everthing and binding between the gears, instant locker :p I'll sell a million of them :)

Oh holly crap are you joking me lol Someone please tell me that is just a joke. There's the winner of the best use of duct tape, or should that be worse

Wonder how far he got.....Does duct tape remain sticky in gear oil?

Read the thread after I posted the picture, the guy says he made it off the trail after his lunchbox locker broke.

-Alex

I already did read that look at that after I had already posted my reply but still some funny stuff there. I still think should win the best duct tape job award.

Gaaah!

The story is that we were offroading at Rausch Creek and I blew up a shaft on my 35 and it took out my powertrax locker and the cross pin on a black trail. After hammering in a highlift handle to remove the chunks of axle shaft and kicking a huge prybar to get the stub out. I flipped the pieces of the locker around to make it large enough to hold in the clips but still couldn't hold the crosspin in place to get me off the trail. So I broke out the duck tape. It held the pin in place nicely. I got it off the trail under it's own power. Rode back to baltimore to pick up my dana 44A. Put it in over night in the parking area at the park and was back on the trail in the morning.

-----Matt-----

Back