• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnect Question

SFW516

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing a RE lift on my 90 XJ and its a long story but I don't have the swaybar disconnects yet. So I was wondering what happens if I use it without them. Is it alright to temp go without them.

And if anyone has some or knows where to get some cheap I'd really appreciate it.

Search, this has been discussed many times.

I would not go with out them, some people do. I did for a short time and it was not enjoyable. Depends on spring rates, shocks, and the way you drive.

I drive disconnected all the time. If I'm going to put some highway miles on, I simply reconnect them. At high speeds you can really feel the difference the sway bar makes. Around town though, it shouldn't be a problem. As a rule of thumb, the higher the lift the greater the movement of the vehicle you need to control. It has to do with elevating the center of gravity. Also, most people will experience additional noise generated from the disconnects, especially if their discos are a heim style like the RE's. If you think that the noise could be a problem (really its not that bad), you may just want to buy the static style. You may also want to check out Currie's XJ Anti-Rock or the XJ Anti-Rock from T & J Performance: they never need to be disconnected. What size of lift are you installing?

Back