• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE rear long arms for tj?????

rhinoron713

NAXJA Forum User
I got 4 RE arms for the rear of a tj 4 coils for the front and rear and a re trac bar I belive they came from a 4.5 long arm kit; but the arms are from a 3 link rear upgrade and ... I could take these arms and make a front or rear kit of my own but should I ???? or should I just sell them and buy the rock krawler front 3 link upgradefor the xj??? hhhhhhmmmmmm:shiver:

update these arms are for a 2004 rubicon unlimited...ya know the long only made it for a couple of years jeep anywhoo i thought it was a tj but it is a 2004 rubicon unlimited

How confident are you in your fabrication skills and how much do you love measuring, cutting and welding steel?
Probably easier to go with the RK kit. In fact, certainly easier.
THat being said - the parts will almost certainly be strong enough to use on an XJ. The TJ / JK Wranglers are way heavier than a Cherokee and Rubicon Express is quality stuff. If you want to design your own brackets and cross members around the arms you've got, more power to you. No reason it shouldn't work safely except, possibly, poor installation.
If you aren't a solid fabricator, though - do yourself a favor and go with the RK.

well i'm pretty confident in my fab skills

this use to be a rhino !!!! finished it up, now need something else to do !!
HPIM0627-1.jpg

Back