• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Main leaf questions??

carmannj

NAXJA Forum User
Yes I have searched but have not found specific info needed.

If I use an S10 main leaf will it move my axle back a couple of inches? If so, what year am I looking for? I have brand new RE 4.5 leaf packs not even installed yet but my 35's are to close to the front of the rear wheelwell. I have searched a bunch of different forums but I didn't find specific information about this (years, measurements, etc.) I couldn't find a measurement for an S10 main leaf from the main bushing to the center pin. Anyone have this info?

Yeah most people are not using the actual leaf pack. You break the leaf pack apart & add the leaves to your main leaf & which doesnt move the center pin location. I am pretty sure s10 leaf packs eye to eye are shorter than a XJ, when I cut the eyes off the s10 leaf it doesnt cover the length of the entire XJ main leaf.
If i were in your situation I would use the RE leaf packs and trim the fenders.

the most common thread on it http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=bastard+pack&page=15

Last edited:
Yeah most people are not using the actual leaf pack. You break the leaf pack apart & add the leaves to your main leaf & which doesnt move the center pin location. I am pretty sure s10 leaf packs eye to eye are shorter than a XJ, when I cut the eyes off the s10 leaf it doesnt cover the length of the entire XJ main leaf.
If i were in your situation I would use the RE leaf packs and trim the fenders.

the most common thread on it http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=bastard+pack&page=15

Yeah like I said I am looking for specific info. My rear fender have already been cut and trimmed, thanks though. I found some vague info that the center pin hole in the main leaf was about 2 inches further back from the main bushing of the leaf. This would set the pack back that amount. Also that some of the older S10 blazer models leafs were alomost the exact same length.

Moving axle back 2" just opens another can of worms. if you have cut your rear fenders already install the new leaf packs and bump stop accordingly.

It will hit the forward part of the wheel well. What can of worms are you talking about? Bumpstopping is not the answer to my problem.

Judging by the replys I am recieving I am guessing people are assuming either I am a dumb kid or some hillbilly and haven't spent 10 to 12 hrs researching this topic alone, I have been wheeling for 16 years and building cars and trucks since I was around 14 yrs old. Not to mention that I am a certified mechanic. I am not trying to be an ass or put anyone down but if you have no specific useful info to post please don't!!! Mechanical ability, knowledge and experience isn't measured by how many posts you have on the forums all over the web.

Back