• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrically activated lockers

Shogun

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep already has an electrical system installed, so I am leaning towards one of the electric lockers in the F8.8.

Any direct knowledge of performance/durability differences between the Ected and the Elocker? I am also wondering whether the Ected LSD is better than the Elocker open diff (in the off mode). Wasnt there some comments about the Ected not being fully locked even when selected on?

e locker all the way! cant beat an eaton product!

one reason i wouldn't want to run them is because i dont like electrical stuff. finding out why an Eaton isn't engaging on the trail could take hours with a short, ground, relay, etc.

finding an arb line being torn, or OX cable being out of adjustment on the trail would be a relatively simple fix

It's a hell of a lot easier to run another wire than another airline. I have Teralockers, what a pain in the butt. Once I finally had all the pneumatic issues worked out, the front locker imploded going off of a 2 foot ledge. I do like my airhorn, though.

I'll probably do an ARB in the front eventually, since I already have the air system. They are simpler pneumatically.

Fred

one reason i wouldn't want to run them is because i dont like electrical stuff. finding out why an Eaton isn't engaging on the trail could take hours with a short, ground, relay, etc.

finding an arb line being torn, or OX cable being out of adjustment on the trail would be a relatively simple fix
i disagree. the elocker is a basic locker. it is alot easier to run 12v to engage it and keep it engaged. with an arb i have seen and replaced many internal problems with them. seen alot of burnt lines or compressor issues etc. dont get me wrong they are an awesome locker, deff better locker than ox. with an ox locker you have to do ALOT of fine tunning to get it engage properly everytime. i personally think they are WAY overpriced. esp for a d30 locker or 8.8 locker.

The E-locker in the D30 may be a good match. I have heard good things about it.

dont get me wrong they are an awesome locker, deff better locker than ox. with an ox locker you have to do ALOT of fine tunning to get it engage properly everytime. i personally think they are WAY overpriced. esp for a d30 locker or 8.8 locker.
I completely disagree with you there, I don't think ARB are any better than OX, I feel the opposite.

As far as the "ALOT" of fine tuning, have you ever run an OX? I run OX front and rear, and I literally adjusted the front once when I installed the cable and shifter, and it engages every single time, and its never come out of adjustment. Same with the rear.

I think most people (and this isn't directed at you, as I don't know your situation) who say "oh OX cables take forever to adjust and are a pain in the butt," never actually have run or adjusted an OX. They just hear someone say they had a bad experience, and become pauly parrot.

I bought my rig with ARB's (front and rear) already installed 6 years ago. They guy I bought it from had them installed 3 years prior to me purchasing the Jeep. Since I've owned it...not one single problem. It's got to be the only thing on my Jeep I haven't ever messed with. In my book 6 years without one single issue is worth the ARB price. Plus the ease of use (push a button) and you can use the compressor to fill tires, use a bigger compressor and expansion tank for other stuff or run them off a CO2 bottle...many options. ARB all the way.

IF you had to install only 1 locker, lets say for budget reasons, what would be the best. Front or back?
I have a d30 front and 8.25 back (all stock).

Is it better to have full pulling traction or full propelling traction?

IF you had to install only 1 locker, lets say for budget reasons, what would be the best. Front or back?
I have a d30 front and 8.25 back (all stock).

Is it better to have full pulling traction or full propelling traction?

might have better luck searching for this answer. its been debated many times over. some say front, some say rear.

My jeep already has an electrical system installed, so I am leaning towards one of the electric lockers in the F8.8.

Any direct knowledge of performance/durability differences between the Ected and the Elocker? I am also wondering whether the Ected LSD is better than the Elocker open diff (in the off mode). Wasnt there some comments about the Ected not being fully locked even when selected on?

Do soem research, they have fine for 33s and under, ALTHOUGH they do have some problems with malfunctioning and slaming full on lock when your tires are spinning, thus snappin shafts. I would run it IF 1) you live in an area with alot of snow and nice and thus need an LSD and 2) are running 33" tires or less. It shouldnt malfunction if you are on <33s and as long as its one of the newer versions..

with an ox locker you have to do ALOT of fine tunning to get it engage properly everytime

I'm going to have to disagree.

"Fine tuning" it wasn't hard. Took about 15 minutes. Put on the thread lock like the instructions said, and it has been fine since.

Back