• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard pack

sjbond67

NAXJA Forum User
how many of you drilled the leafs out to 3/8? and do we really need to if the other leafs holes are 3/8? no hardcore wheeling so im not worried about a whole lot of strength

I had mine done... Although I could not do it with my 12" drill press. The slowest my press will go is 540 RPM.

I had to pass them off for a home based project by my dad. He used a much larger press from his work.

I used a dremel with a grinding stone when I did it.

Its easier to grind spring steel than cut it.

so is it really necessary, i looked at some of the write ups but they did not mention doing this

I think its a good idea to have a snug fit everywhere; otherwise a leaf can shift, and once it gets momentum sheer the pin.

when i drilled the springs on my jeep, i went i/2 way through and flipped them over and drilled the other way, have done it this way many of times with a hand drill and have never had a problem doing it just my .02 wothr hth

its no big deal, did mine with my 18v hand drill, just use a good drill bit (there is a difference between good and bad bits), go slow, and use cutting oil.

Back