• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best bang for the buck flex joints?

XJfire75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have a Y-link LA set-up as of now and it had just threaded rod to poly bushings at the joints. I want to replace the poly bushings and no jam nut with a flex joint with jam nut. Only wanting to do the 2 joints at the crossmember.

Ive been looking at Ballistic Fab., RE, and Currie's JJs.

I want a flex joint with a threaded end and it has to be 1-1/4" threads.

What brand would yall recommend?

Im really liking Ball Fab's ballistic joints because they have less parts, are greasable, and have threaded ends.

Thanks for the help guys.

How much flex so the BF ones have?..anyone know how wide they are?

The Creepers are looking good too from what I've read. They say they have 40 degrees of flex. RE advertised only 30

I still prefer RE joints because of the ease of adjustability.

But I need a joint to replace the b7 all thread I have welded to a poly bushing. So that's why i've not mentioned them. The Creepers come with a jam nut and are plenty long enough. BF doesn't have much for a description...

But I need a joint to replace the b7 all thread I have welded to a poly bushing. So that's why i've not mentioned them. The Creepers come with a jam nut and are plenty long enough. BF doesn't have much for a description...
So,I run 1-1/4" B7 on both my LA set-ups!

They are weld in bunts. They'll thread up with the flex joints as long as it's the same pitch and all..

Mine are clunking when I hit bumps anywhere and mines a DD...annoying LOL

Dats why I fix dem..LOL

It's not bad but It will be on the trails. Jam nut and threaded flex joint should fix that though.

How much of the joint should be threaded in the arm before y'all would call it good?..need to make sure any of these will be long enough

k well that's about how long the threads are on some of these. Mine are showing an inch or so f threads. I'll have to do some measuring to see if any of them will work I reckon...

Question: Would these be good for fabbing adjustable LCAs or would that be too hard of a ride without rubber bushings?

Yeah RE puts a flex joint in their super flex short arms at the axle end.

I'm going with the BF ones because they are the longest ones I could find and I need them at least 6" long. Called and one of the guys told me 6 1/2" OAL and like 5" of threads. Should work well for my application.

Back