• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME or RE????

MudSling'n

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my Xj and lookin for a lift kit, but want to keep it as my DD. I took advise and looked at DPG and some others. I'm now stuck between OME and RE. As for height, I'm still deciding on 3.5/4.5"

Anything will be helpful. Thanks.

I think there was another posting asking this same question. Lots of opinions.

Personally, I think they are both great quality kits, but I think OME is way overpriced.

I have a RE 3.5" kit and it's great. Better ride than stock. Very good quality too.

Go with the 4.5" because you'll regret not going higher later on. My RE 6130 was originally about 6" in the back and 5" in the front before settling (and adding more weight from tools and the sort) and now it's at the manufacturers height. 2 more things...

1. Make sure to get drop brackets if it's going to be your daily driver, even though it is not recommended for that little of lift.

2. Heavy duty trackbar with a double shear is a must as well.

RE all the way,

its true what hammered said, but i would put it more like 4.5"...
which is still quite a bit more then 3".... which can be good or bad, depending on budget...
a 3" kit DOES NOT need steering upgrades, on 4.5" of lift, its debateable....
a 3" kit doesnt need a tracbar for most people, that 3.5" kit doesnt come w/ a tracbar, but it pretty much needs one....

plus, the OME stuff is for people w/ hemmorrhoids... grow a pair and go w/ re...

GET FULL LEAF PACKS!!! (yes i capitalized on purpose)

i have never regretted that.

Go with Rubicon Express. A friend of mine bough a 3.5" supaflex and it was def. 4-4.5" inches..and still is two years later.

LOL...I love when people say OME is overpriced. You just don't know where to shop.

If you want everything in one kit - go RE

If you want to pick and choose your parts - go OME

I sit at 5" with an OME "hybrid" lift, and I'm glad I went the direction I did.

To each their own though.

my brother ran the re 4.5 with add a leafs and loves it and the only problem is with the add a leafs the back end sags after a while i bought the same lift with full leafs and it looks great

RE kits sit higher so that it still gives you the advertised lift with some beefy bumpers, tools, spare parts/tires, and other gear stowed in the vehicle. Though most people install a lift before the rest of that, so they sit high. But they are still quality, partially because of that attention to detail.

If you've got the cash, get an RE 4.5. If not do a lot of searching on forums and decide what you want to cobble together to lift it right. Snow is still around for a while, so putting it off a bit with some research may make the install a bit more fun.

I would figure out what kind of terrain you want to drive in (or can drive in depending on location). Figure out what tire size you want. If you need any axle upgrades to run that size. If you plan on having offroad ability at the expense of comfort or vice versa. Heck even think about how much cash you really want to sink into your jeep based on it's condition.

It will save time and money to get your rig set up right the first time. I'm still learning tons every day but I read these forums a few hours a day most days. I spent about a month of reseach just to decide on 3" rusty's coils and 3" OME leaves with trimmed fenders and 31's. I didn't want to tempt fate with steering issues or diveline vibes with too large of tires or too tall a lift because I just didn't have the budget for it. Especially not for a 18 year old rust belt jeep.

It's late, I'm rambling, I'm just trying to put as much info and idea's out there for you to look at before you drop your hard earned coin on parts. If I had a nice jeep and the money for RE I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

To my knowlege, if you get OME 3" you'll have a 3 inch lift... if you go RE 3.5 you'll have about 5.5 of actual lift

Nope, my 3.5" Superflex RE lift only gave 3". I contacted RE about this and they said that the 3.5" kit is actually a 3" kit, but was renamed to 3.5" (he said it was just randomly renamed to 3.5" for no reason). And after hearing this, I looked at the box the lift came in and the box does actually call it a 3" lift.

Now, I did get the AAL's with the 3.5" kit and my front sits at 3" and the rear at 3.25" lift. I have heard that full leaf packs will give the advertised 3.5" or more, though. It still doesn't account for the front only being at 3".

Last edited:
Back