• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof rack storage box options

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone here built or purchased a storage box for their roof rack. I cannot find anything that is THIN ( total eight of 4-6”)

My roof rack is large (54”x60”) and I do not keep my spare up there

I am looking for a storage box where I can store items of minimal to moderate value like motor oil, tranny fluid, gear oil, and all my spare parts. I woul like to bolt it to the roof rack for security and safety

What do you guys think? Anything out there for a reasonable price or should I make one?

By the way: I do not want a Tupperware container oran “under the bed container”, although they are close to the right size

i was thinking something larger, just a storage box 3-5 ft long and maybe at most 10" deep

anyone??

yeah I have some storage boxes that are plastic - not durable abs but I have used them before... a tupperwear like materail with a lid would be sweet... the ones i have have a lid but crack super easy... they are slim though 10 inches tall and work great for keeping gear dry and dust free - also cheap too!

I saw some boxes at an army surplus store that I was thinking about picking up. They were about 8" tall and made of metal. The only thing that kept me from picking it up was the fact that I hate climbing up to get my tire and I'd hate to try and move a box up top thats filled with oil and other things.

What about a hard plastic box that is used to hold snow skis and goes on top of a car? I don't know any dimensions but you might find a used one on ebay for cheap.

Back