• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for some flush-mount bumper lights

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking to add some built in lights in my homemade bumper

i searched this topic and came up dry

anyone done this before

i was thinking of doing it in the rear bumper only, not the front

Pics of what you have to work with?

a 3x6x1/4" steel ractangle tube for a rear bumper

looking for 3-4" round lights to build into the bumper

heres mine in stock bumper..& they are not round either...may not help at all.
newpictures107.jpg

What about exhaust tubing mounted going through the bumper and then you can mount whatever light you want. You just need to find a small light then find tube and a hole saw.

Grainger has Backup lights that do Exactly what you want. Cut a hole and put them in.

there is the the Stainless Steel Housing:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2VPF1 $14

and the torsion mount:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2VPF2 $12

Hope this helps. I have some LED units that I put on mine but I got them at a Off Road Swap meet and I can’t remember who they were made by. Same idea though they just were LED instead of incandescent. You could probably find them on Ebay

There's always good ol' Super 60 trucker style lights...

CornerDetail.jpg

i just bought the aux. b.u. kit from i believe 4wdhardware {not real sure} then found there are two holes in th bottom of the bumper that were not being used on mine ....measured/marked/cut ,drilling holes in the corners first then a jigsaw for the straights.then wired it per inst.

Do both of you have more pics of how you did that? I really like the front and back. Do you have a build thread on them?

Its pretty basic. The front bumper has standard 29 dallor fogs from autozone. if you look just below the whole you will see a nut and that is the mounting location. I just did it trial and error style because this bumper is just a mock up. I have a fresh one i'm working on that isn't all torn up.

I obviously didn't do the rear but the same concept is there. If you look at the picture it looks like he did the same thing but probably got longer bolts because they are coming out of the bottom of the bumper under both lights.

Last edited:
Back