• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please Check my shock logic

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on getting some 5150's for the rear. I went out and did my measurements and got 18'' for my compression and 24'' for my extension. So that would put me in order for the 10'' shocks that have 15.89 compression and 25.91 extension, correct?

If I decided to move the lower shock mounts up which I'm planning I would need to subtract about 4'' from my measurement, correct? That would put my compression and extension at 14'' and 20''. So my question is do I stick with the 10'' shock and bumpstop the remaining inches or do I go down to the 8'' shock that has a compression and extension: 14.17 / 22.50?

Thanks for the advice.

if you care about shock travel and wheel travel (its a good chance you do, living in socal)... raising those lower mounts is gonna be a thorn in your side...

those numbers indicate your only getting 6" of shock travel, are you all the way on your bumps? also, your compressed length should be as close to your compressed shock length as possible, you may want to keep 1/2" or so for leeway... but anything past your bump is obviously not used...

if you have 18"'s between shock mounts at full bump... your shocks need to be AT LEAST 18" fully compressed, otherwise your shocks will bump before your real bumpstops...

Back