• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

range rover front axle

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
So i was scouring the junkyards today...still trying to convince myself to build a waggy 44 front but I stumpled across a 98 range rover. The front axle looked like a glorified toyota axle but with some added features. drivers drop behind the axle tie rod, third member, big axle tubes, but odd ball lug pattern. they also run what looks like radius arms and airbags. Just curious if this is a decent axle or something even worth considering building.

I had a 2002 LR Discovey II 4" lift and 33" bfg at's and abused it alot without any problems. Any ways the axle has some draw backs like cv outer shafts ,kinda sorta radius arm mounts ,and parts are pricey. I would not do it on a Cherokee, I would leave it in a Rover but I think a Ford 44 would be more practical for a Cherokee. Thats just my .02 cents

With all the American 4WD stuff available, I wouldn't mess with that stuff. Parts are going to be worse than BMW/Mercedes parts. Saw a travelogue the other day where the rear axle snapped over relatively moderate terrain. I was thinking, shit, he needs a Cherokee.

Back