• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeptricks radiator good or bad

Gascan340

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the market for a new radiator and I came across this one and would like to hear some feedback about the radiator and this guy's company. It seem like a good deal so let hear it.

I dont think you can compare an all metal copper/brass to an all aluminum. I think if the quality is good I want one. I was thinking of going to an alum with plastic side tanks just because I cant keep my heep cool with my csf 2 core.

NAXJA Gold Sponsor DPG Offroad has a good deal on rads.

I dont think you can compare an all metal copper/brass to an all aluminum. I think if the quality is good I want one. I was thinking of going to an alum with plastic side tanks just because I cant keep my heep cool with my csf 2 core.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT go with an aluminum one with plastic side tanks. 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN they will leak. They can only hold plastic tanks to the aluminum frame by crimping it a bazillion times and this does not compare to a tank that is aluminum and is brazzed into the frame. Spend a little extra and get the ALL ALUMINUM 2 core.....3 core is a waste and has no more benefit. After installing my ALL ALUMINUM radiator mine never runs over 190 and used to run 210 all day. I got mine here: http://www.genesisautoparts.com/all_aluminum_radiator-jeep-cherokee-2001.htm

$145 shipped.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT go with an aluminum one with plastic side tanks. 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN they will leak. They can only hold plastic tanks to the aluminum frame by crimping it a bazillion times and this does not compare to a tank that is aluminum and is brazzed into the frame. Spend a little extra and get the ALL ALUMINUM 2 core.....3 core is a waste and has no more benefit. After installing my ALL ALUMINUM radiator mine never runs over 190 and used to run 210 all day. I got mine here: http://www.genesisautoparts.com/all_aluminum_radiator-jeep-cherokee-2001.htm

$145 shipped.
WADR I have used the genesis radiator and I returned two of them due to very poor quality. The whole thing is made with thin material and looks like it was put together by a junior high school shop class. Not to knock you but I was very unimpressed with these units. I recently installed one from these guys:
http://www.ffdynamics.com/jeepradB1.html

It is a very high quality unit at a very good price for what you get. You can buy just the radiator for about $250, or just the fan kit or both. I have to say you get what you pay for with aluminum radiators but these guys produce a product that rivals Be Cool and others which cost $650+ for half the money for all the quality.

WADR I have used the genesis radiator and I returned two of them due to very poor quality. The whole thing is made with thin material and looks like it was put together by a junior high school shop class. Not to knock you but I was very unimpressed with these units. I recently installed one from these guys:

It is a very high quality unit at a very good price for what you get. You can buy just the radiator for about $250, or just the fan kit or both. I have to say you get what you pay for with aluminum radiators but these guys produce a product that rivals Be Cool and others which cost $650+ for half the money for all the quality.

Sorry for the bad luck, mine was built and performs well. No problems whatsoever with mine.

a good friend bought the genesis auto all aluminum radiator a day before i saw jeeperjohn posting his impression on the radiator....

when i finally saw it, i had to dissagree, looked fine to me, so the friend is gonna run it.... price was right...

All aluminum is the way to go. The plastic tanks are a weakness. Just because the radiator barn says all metal doesn't mean that it is copper and brass. I'd call to find out. There are VERY few copper and brass radiators out there any more. Aluminum is cheaper to make.

I agree with you there, their products look topnotch and I like the triple threat fan kit but even $250 was too stip for me at the time. I wanted to go ALL aluminum but keep quality reasonable and price low. I found that wth Genesis auto. You may think they are poor quality but I don't. All the welds seem tight and solid and the aluminum is pretty solid as well. Yeah, if I had the money, no doubt I would go for the ffdynamics radiator and 3 fan kit but like I said I needed to replace the rad NOW and couldn't afford it. I will add the fan kit later.

Dudez, he asked about feedback for a specific radiator. Not links to a gazillion other china products.

THAT IS THE FEEDBACK. Obviously, we are directing him to better price for the qualtiy via other links than have him buy from than one.

I agree with you there, their products look topnotch and I like the triple threat fan kit but even $250 was too stip for me at the time. I wanted to go ALL aluminum but keep quality reasonable and price low. I found that wth Genesis auto. You may think they are poor quality but I don't. All the welds seem tight and solid and the aluminum is pretty solid as well. Yeah, if I had the money, no doubt I would go for the ffdynamics radiator and 3 fan kit but like I said I needed to replace the rad NOW and couldn't afford it. I will add the fan kit later.
Lemme offer some advice on the genesis: make sure you keep at least 40% antifreeze in it because the aluminum is thin and will corrode through without the anticorrosive additives in antifreeze. Mine failed because I left plain water in it too long.

Lemme offer some advice on the genesis: make sure you keep at least 40% antifreeze in it because the aluminum is thin and will corrode through without the anticorrosive additives in antifreeze. Mine failed because I left plain water in it too long.

I appreciate that bit of advice. I usually run 60% anti to 40% water. This brings up a question.....might sound dumb but......is there any reason why you can't run 100% antifreeze all the time? Besides cost, but other than that?

For those who have done the conversion from closed to open can you run the two hoses straight into the heater core and just bypass the value?

Back