• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rods?

Currie link system. Anything Rusty is pretty much junk. Sorry I don't mean to bash

how much lift are you running on your xj? tre trackbar is only good up to around 4.5", any more than that and you should look into a different type of end.

It did break. the top nut snapped off. I was wondering if I can just go into a auto parts store and pick up a replacement? Also, I'm on a 4.5" lift so that's not an issue. I just need to get it replaced asap. Thanks guys

It did break. the top nut snapped off. I was wondering if I can just go into a auto parts store and pick up a replacement? Also, I'm on a 4.5" lift so that's not an issue. I just need to get it replaced asap. Thanks guys

yes you can go into any parts store and get the replacement, but you need the part number which should be on rustys site or on the tre itself. i highly recommend getting a name brand like moog or other quality brand. dont get the cheapest tre they offer. if the trackbar tre breaks while driving and you could have serious problem, especially going around a turn.

my next upgrade for my 89 with 4.5" lift is a hd trackbar with flex joint and bracket for a double shear mount. im most likely going with RE or similar design.

yes you can go into any parts store and get the replacement, but you need the part number which should be on rustys site or on the tre itself. i highly recommend getting a name brand like moog or other quality brand. dont get the cheapest tre they offer. if the trackbar tre breaks while driving and you could have serious problem, especially going around a turn.

my next upgrade for my 89 with 4.5" lift is a hd trackbar with flex joint and bracket for a double shear mount. im most likely going with RE or similar design.

Alright thanks, this should be it correct? http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=52000599&Category_Code=ste

I'm also going to upgrade, just don't have the money at the moment.

Last edited:
i would call him. he used 3 different types of tre on his older trackbar.

which trackbar do you have. his older or new version?

look at the threads on your trackbar, are they left or right hand threads. you need to make sure you can screw it into the end of the bar.

or bring the end with you to the store and they should be able to match it up. im not sure if its the same tre that is used on a tie rod. the inner and outer tre on a tie rod have left or right hand threads.

looking at what rcp wrote, the r at the end is for a right hand thread.

What a bunch of horse pucky. Rusty's site doesn't list a replacement TRE for their track bar. I'm trying to fix a rig with one of these crap track bars. It's less than a year old, been used on the street only and the TRE is about to come apart.

I wonder if there's some sort of interchange or listing at the parts stores like NAPA that you can look at using the size of the TRE shank, taper and thread of the end?

Gawd I hate Rusty's........ :mad:

Well, I finally got around to purchasing this part, received it today and turns out to be the wrong one. I got this one: MOOG part # ES3095R . The part that screws into the track back is a tad bit too small. The one I need is this one:
52005739_01.jpg
It has this part#: OEM part # 52005739 and can be viewed here: http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-TB122-UV&Category_Code=SUS_TRAC But I can't seem to find a MOOG part # or an alternative. It has to be 22mm. Any help at all would be great! Thanks

Last edited:
Back