• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac bar advice

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
After work I added 1.75" spacers to get the jeep level. I am now at 6.5" in the front. I think its time to ditch the Rustys trac bar since its only rated up to 5" of lift. Planning on going with a different company this time but I am unsure if I need the drop bracket/double sheer or stay with the TRE style trac bar. Heres a pic of my geometry. Its pretty close to parallel. Thanks again guys.

steering2.jpg

X3! but the RE HD trackbar bracket will lower the mounting point at the frame end making your trackbar more horizontal. This is a good thing but in order to keep the draglink parallel you will need to also get a drop pitman arm. Can anyone chime in here and tell us by how much it will lower the TB frame mounting point?

X4... i just ditched my rusty's for that... definatly a pretty sweet setup

I just installed that RE track bar and bracket as well, way more beefy than the stocker. At 6.5", running a TRE style track bar is a really bad move, the angles must be horrible.

I cannot justify $75 for that brace, no way in hell.

X3! but the RE HD trackbar bracket will lower the mounting point at the frame end making your trackbar more horizontal. This is a good thing but in order to keep the draglink parallel you will need to also get a drop pitman arm. Can anyone chime in here and tell us by how much it will lower the TB frame mounting point?
It doesn't,the RE bracket locates the joint at the same "centerline" as a factory bracket and TRE.

It doesn't,the RE bracket locates the joint at the same "centerline" as a factory bracket and TRE.

Not to argue, but the RE page describes it as a "drop bracket."

I think I've still got my stock bracket in the garage (I never throw nothin away), I'll try to measure the two and check...

Robert

Ive got pics I can put up later,stock measures about 5-1/4".

...the RE page describes it as a "drop bracket." ...I'll try to measure the two and check...

I think RCP is right, I measure 5 to 5-1/4" on each one.

I was wrong, happens all the time!

Sorry.

Robert

Back