• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche lift kits?

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any suggestions on a lift kit for a 87' MJ? My brother just got one and wants to lift it and put it on 32's. I don't really know anything about the comanche.

thanks,
chris

Not a fan of the bolton rear SOA. Thats not really a part you want to just bolt on. Not to mention no control arms..........:lecture:
thanks,
I was wondering about the bolt on myself. I might just help him piece a lift together. the passenger side has a broken leaf, so i'm going to try to find some oem replacements and do a SOA.

the hellcreek and rusty's are both SUA. not what my brother wants. he's looking to go with a SOA, but i need to find some oem springs to replace the broken passenger side. maybe i'll start searching some junkyards. i was hoping to find some new ones somewhere for a decent price. I wonder if i can swap in a 8.25 to get rid of the d35?

the hellcreek and rusty's are both SUA. not what my brother wants. he's looking to go with a SOA, but i need to find some oem springs to replace the broken passenger side. maybe i'll start searching some junkyards. i was hoping to find some new ones somewhere for a decent price. I wonder if i can swap in a 8.25 to get rid of the d35?

You can, the only difference are the mounts. Since he wants to go SOA anyways thats half the battle. Weld new perches and shock tabs on the 8.25 and you're all set.

Go over to comancheclub.com Im sure someone will have some oem springs, there a few guys from cali

You can, the only difference are the mounts. Since he wants to go SOA anyways thats half the battle. Weld new perches and shock tabs on the 8.25 and you're all set.
so, the perches and the shock mounts will be in a different location on a SOA conversion than on a cherokee 8.25?
i guess it wouldn't matter either way, but it will be better to have the 8.25 under there. any idea where to find some new oem leaf springs?

thanks for all the help, my brother will be stoked.:cheers:

chris

Go over to comancheclub.com Im sure someone will have some oem springs, there a few guys from cali

thanks! my brother actually lives in indiana, I'm moving there in a few months to go back to school, so he's going to get all the parts together and i'm going to help him install it when i get there.

so, the perches and the shock mounts will be in a different location on a SOA conversion than on a cherokee 8.25?
i guess it wouldn't matter either way, but it will be better to have the 8.25 under there. any idea where to find some new oem leaf springs?

thanks for all the help, my brother will be stoked.:cheers:

chris

Yeah, the perches are set at different widths between the two.

Im a MJ master.. Do 5.5" front coils and spring over rear.
Need longer shocks, approx 27"-28" extended. Need longer brake lines.
This will clear 33s,34s with ease.

Any more questions ask me.

Why do you want to go SOA so bad? If its for cost, understandable. If not, I would really keep it spring under. There is less axle wrap and overall work that way. The only downfall I see is dragging your u bolts through the mud, unless you get square ones and flip em over.

Back