• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What ZJ parts will work

chrisgerman1983

NAXJA Forum User
i found a pretty complete ZJ at the wrecker what parts should i snag off it for my 92 XJ? it is a 96 or 97 i think. im getting seats and center console for sure what else should i get? everything will be very cheap cuz i kissed ass to the owner of the wrecker :spin1:

are those disks a direct bolt on to a 91 xj sport w/8.25?

I dont think so...not 100% though

I own (and am currenty selling) an odd ZJ cuz its a 93 and a V8 so it has a D35 with drum brakes which is probably better than the 44 that the others come with since the D44 in the ZJ's is aluminum housing

The ZJ disc mounting brackets will need to be opened up a little in the center hole and maybe in the 4 mounting bolt holes. Not a big deal to make it work and well worth it just to stop adjusting drum brakes.

If it is V8, grab the tie rod.
Grab the seats. You'll have to modify the seat brackets to get them to fit a 91 but may be worth it.
If it is v8, the front coils will net you 1-1.5" of lift. If V8 upcountry, 2-2.5"
If it has discs, get them.
Take the sway bar links for spares.
The wheels are probably nicer than what is on your rig (just guessing)
The booster is going to be dual-diaphragm, so unless there are ABS issues grab it and swap it in.
Prop valve, if you get the discs.
Thats all I can think of...

Front axle shaft for spares
Front carrier (V8 is 3.73)
front drive shaft if its a u-joint type, works well with SYE
Alternator (spare more power)

i have to ask. if i grab the booster and master out of a zj ane want to keep my stock brakes do i need the prop valve to?

shifter handle if its an auto- big improvement over stock

cool thanks everyone! looks like ill be busy :cheers: center console look like they might fit ill make it work somehow may have to relocate the ebrake closer to the driver side or make a new handle ?

Whoops. I'm talking about the overhead console. I've never seen one in an XJ personally but from photos I think they are physically compatible parts IE it would fit easy enough... the wiring though is probably different.

Not talking about anything between the seats.

like mentioned earlier...

if v8- tie rod
front coils
rear disk brake backing plates, calipers and hardware
proportioning valve
seats
front axle shafts
pitman arm (fits xj and is longer so it acts as a drop pitman arm)
if v8 then alternator (136 amp vs stock xj 90 amp)

Back