• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 trans line connecter

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of swaping a aw4 into my j10. My question is is there a fitting I can screw into the side of the trans so I can have a simple barb fitting for a hose.

The threads on the transmission are M14 x 1.5. I dont have a link to any barb fittings, but these are the fittings i used.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/670520/10002/-1

You might want to check at autozone or a similar parts store. The autozone where i live has fittings like this, so you might get lucky. Otherwise, grainger or parker (not sure if they are nation wide???) would be your best bet for finding them locally.

We used brass plumbing fittings from Lowes when we added a trans cooler to my XJ. Sorry but I can't remember the size. If you need more info just PM me for the details and pics.

hey, not trying to hijack this, but Im leaking tranny fluied from the lines to AND from the cooler at the connections in the hoses between the soft line and hard line. If I want to replace all this, am I going to need to drain the transmission?

Back