• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$hity gas milage

HogWash

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure which to post this in so Ill try both.

Why do I see all thes guys running 35's and getting 13-15 mpg on stock gears while im running 31 and getting 10 I reacently did major tune up any suggestions why I have stock gears 3.54,d44 rear,d35 front.Ran seafoam changed oil,what else am I missing???

HogWash said:

Why do I see all thes guys running 35's and getting 13-15 mpg on stock gears while im running 31 and getting 10 I reacently did major tune up any suggestions why I have stock gears 3.54,d44 rear,d35 front.Ran seafoam changed oil,what else am I missing???

Tire pressue is a real biggie, 5lbs low and you gas milage goes thru the floor.

RichP said:
Tire pressue is a real biggie, 5lbs low and you gas milage goes thru the floor.
Im running about 31,it says max load at like 55 I think.When I had the tires put on my rims the guy put 55 it them then I checked them AFTER I went wheeling.Surprised they didnt blow.

I run my BFG AT/KO's in LT235 at around 40-45psi... actually need to check them again now that it's cooling off..

HogWash said:

I don't get that great of gas mileage, either, and I'm on 35's with 4:10 gearing. I did put is some lucas fuel injector cleaner/Lube and noticed a huge difference. Not to mention I drive like a senile old grandpa. I hardley ever punch it and I take it real easy. Thats probably the best thing you can do for mileage. Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it. Hope that helps. Oh and where did you get your axles? I have seen plenty of 44 rears but the only 35 front I have seen was a mid 90's ford ranger and that was a Twin traction beam axle. Just curious.

cb2000xj said:
I don't get that great of gas mileage, either, and I'm on 35's with 4:10 gearing. I did put is some lucas fuel injector cleaner/Lube and noticed a huge difference. Not to mention I drive like a senile old grandpa. I hardley ever punch it and I take it real easy. Thats probably the best thing you can do for mileage. Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it. Hope that helps. Oh and where did you get your axles? I have seen plenty of 44 rears but the only 35 front I have seen was a mid 90's ford ranger and that was a Twin traction beam axle. Just curious.
Im sorry I meant a dana 30 high pinion

hasta Get real. :wow: You have lifted a rolling Brick. If you wanted good gas milage you have to leave it stock. :doh:
I run 33/1250, 4.10 gears with a 4.5 lift. Around town I get about 13mpg but when i get on the Hiway I drop down to about 7mpg. :scared:

:gag: :bawl: OUCH thank you for reminding me of that. :bawl:

Back