• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Timeline & Instructions

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Friday
  • 8am leaders and gunners will meet at the campground, after brief discussion, we'll head out to pre-run. Who and how many tag-along with the individual groups will be up to the respective trail leaders. These groups need to be kept small in order to cover the entire trail.
  • There are usually some pick-up runs after the pre-running is complete.
  • If you are looking for some NAXJA folk, the Quarry or the campground are good places to start.
  • Friday evening is the Pot Luck shin-dig at the campground. If you didn't already know, the campground is directly outside the gate of the Badlands. Bring something good to eat to share with everyone.
Saturday:

• This is the big day. The Badlands open at 9am. Plan to be there then.
  • After you pay your park admission, head through the gate. There will be a guy there by the name of seanR and he should be easy to find. He's the official greeter of Winterfest 2009. He will be able to direct you to the registration trailer and will have instructions for having your rig looked over for Tech Inspection. Sean is working for tips only so please keep that in mind when you see him.
  • Please, see the registration table first thing after you enter the gate and get that out of the way. Here is where you'll get you Tshirt, sticker and sign your life away. Second, get the Tech Inspection out of the way. Your rig does not need to be unloaded for TI, Rev and his staff are actually talented enough to do it while it's still on the trailer.
  • There will be a staging area for each group. The Tech Inspectors will be able to inform you where your area is. There'll be three groups: Hard, Medium and Soft.:D Tech Inspectors will also be able to tell you the requirements for each trail. (Lockers, tire size, ect.) If you don't meet the trail requirements, you must get an OK from the Trail Leader to go with that particular group. If we have a large number of a particular group, we'll likely split it up into two different groups. This is something we'll just have to play by ear and see what happens.
  • We will have a brief meeting with everyone that's participating. This is where I'll tell you all to use common sense and don't get hurt. I'll introduce the trail leaders and gunners too.
  • We will leave the parking lot area (hopefully)no later than 10:15am so plan accordingly.
  • If you have any questions at any time, look for a member of the WF staff....they should be very easy to locate. Look for a safety green hoodie. If they don't have an answer for you, they'll find someone that does.
  • After your leader gets your group through your respective trails, we usually all meet in the quarry. This is basically a free for all and most everyone plays on the rocks and what-not. There are usually some pick-up runs that get organized on the spot by the trail leaders. Don't be shy! Ask!
  • The park closes at 5pm. You need to be out of the gate no later than 5pm.
  • The dinner and raffle will be at the VFW in downtown Attica. (203 S Market St.) Doors open at 6pm and we will eat at 6:30. All drinks will need to be purchased from the VFW. This is one of the deals we agreed to in order to use their facility. Be sure to thank them for the use of their place, they've been good to us. Let them know we appreciate it. After everyone is done eating, we'll start the raffle.
  • Raffle tickets may be purchased at the VFW that night. $1 a piece or 6 for $5. The raffle items are still kind of unknown for certain. We will have some stuff, just not as much as in the past. Vendors are just like everyone else and most, if not all, are feeling the crunch of the economy. I'm not going to post a list of items due to it's still up in the air as to who is sending what.
  • After the raffle, we'll need to clean the place up. Not a large task at all if everyone pitches in. Any help here is appreciated.
  • CAMPFIRE! The true meaning of Winterfest! Head back out the the campground for a great time around the campfire! A good time will be had by all. If you are NOT camping be sure to stop in the campground office and tell them you're with the NAXJA group and are not staying but just here to visit. In the past they have not charged non-campers. Take the time and courtesy to let them know what's up and thank them. They too have been good to us, let them know we appreciate it.
Sunday
  • There will not be any orginazed runs on Sunday. Most everyone heads home this day. There are usually some that do run trails so, if you're interested...speak up and ask!
I'm sure I've left something out so, check back here before you leave. I'll post any corrections or updates as necessary.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Re: Timeline

Thanks Hale! that was info i was looking for!

Solid work Hale!

Gene has a great story from da modder country to tell around the campfire too!

mac 'laughed so hard I almost cried' gyvr

BTT! I don't want anyone to say that they didn't know where or when to go.

We don't want anyone to get left behind!

Back