• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRRATIC RUNNING

CMAHON

NAXJA Forum User
THIS MAY BE ASSCOCIATED WITH A PREVIOUS THREAD (FUSE?) 2001 4.0HO been having o2 sencer codes problem but that is another issue (i think). in other threads people have had starting problems with spuddering and hard to keep running. my issue is i have had those symptoms but not always when starting maby once. after a period of time driving when i stop at a light or something it will begin to spudder. a few reves or acceleration then another few weeks or months of runnung fine. this has happened 3or 4 times. any ideas?

when it sputters, it should store a code. did you have the codes read. most likely a misfire, so it could be anything associated with spark or fuel or even battery charge.

Post the code numbers you pulled here for comment. Generally speaking, you want to attack the lower number codes first.

If you have an oxygen sensor problem, why not address that right now? Don't want to be chasing your tail....

COULD THE O2 CODES CAUSE THE MISSFIRE?

what did you do about the o2 codes?

bad o2 may cause it to run rich or possibly lean, but not enough to cause a misfire.

do a search for misfire because it can be cause by many things. what causes a misfire is anything to do with spark(weak coil, spark plugs, temp sensors,...) or fuel issue(injectors, fuel pressure,...).

there is a short somewhere if it is popping fuses. LIke the one under your caps-loc key.

What fuses are blowing? The cause for the sputters could be with the computer and having the fuses blow may be related.

f17 o2 20 amp fuse is blowing. i looked all over the wireing and can't find a bad spot anywere. do they have a ground or is the contact to the exhaust the ground?

ground i believe is the exhaust mount. is the fuse that is blowing for the heater curcuit for the o2 sensor?

if the exhaust is the ground, too much antiseize on the threads can cause a bad ground, atleast on some sensors.

Would a ground issue cause a fuse to blow. electrical is not my strong point. sorry for stupid questions

short to ground can cause a fuse to blow. check the heater curcuit wire for damage as winterbeater pointed out the color of the wires.

i finally got around to cleaning all the grounds. in the process i realized that when the engin is running i can put a new fuse in and it is fine, but when i rev the engine it blowes right away, any ideas

Back