• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratech OEM UCA

duke000088

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know who manufactors Quadratech's OEM replacment upper control arms?

I googled the manufacturer pn Quadratec lists, and got a couple of returns for places in China, but I can't tell if they're the maker or just distributors.

Last edited:
Hmm... I was about to shoot an order through but then I noted that Rock Auto sells a Dorman UCA. I really like Rock Auto (great service and prices) but wasn't so sure about Dorman for major suspension parts.

Crown or Omix-ada. I believe Crown is a distributor, although they do have companies make some items specifically for them. They're nothing special, just oem-spec stamped control arms. You should be able to use the arms from a TJ or ZJ, I know the ZJ lowers will swap over.

Hijacking my own thread:

I was testing to see if my ball joint press will fit in to access the UCA axle-end bushings (seems it will) and I noticed this:
Misc027.jpg

That's the the driver's side UCA bushing sitting in its axle housing. Is the bushing supposed to be moved over like that? I thought the flange of the bushing is supposed to be pressed up against the housing. I'd like to know so when I go to press in the new ones where I should put it.

I didn't realize they could move around like that... must have crept over there slowly.

That ain't right is it??

Hijacking my own thread:

I was testing to see if my ball joint press will fit in to access the UCA axle-end bushings (seems it will) and I noticed this:
Misc027.jpg

That's the the driver's side UCA bushing sitting in its axle housing. Is the bushing supposed to be moved over like that? I thought the flange of the bushing is supposed to be pressed up against the housing. I'd like to know so when I go to press in the new ones where I should put it.

I didn't realize they could move around like that... must have crept over there slowly.

That ain't right is it??

the axle mount bushing has a shoulder. what you see is the bushing pressed in up to the shoulder.

the axle mount bushing has a shoulder. what you see is the bushing pressed in up to the shoulder.

I don't get it. :dunno:

I realize the bushing has a shoulder (I call it a flange) that is supposed to act as a "stop" when it gets pressed into a housing. But from what I see in the picture, it looks like that flange is on the right hand side and is about 1/2"-3/4" away from the axle housing mount. Like, it appears that the bushing is NOT pressed up to its shoulder/flange.

Am I wrong?

You're talking about the flange on the end of the bushing. If you were to look at that bushing while not installed, you'd notice that there's an increase in diameter about 1/2" from that flange on the end. It's not much, maybe a 1/32", but it adds about 1/16" to the diameter effectively preventing the bushing from being pushed in any further. The mount on the axle is champfered out inside which prevents you from seeing it right now, if you were to remove that bushing or bought new ones you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

When I replaced my bushings, that was the more difficult axle bushing to replace, I used chuncks of wood with the other UCA axle bushing and that made it work no problemo, however I had a tough time gettng the press in to remove this one, I ended up using a torch to heat metal, a bfh, and a saw I think.

Anyway, I think that bushing looks fine, old but fine-but by the nature of it being old and rusted, I doubt that it is 'out of position'

I don't get it. :dunno:

I realize the bushing has a shoulder (I call it a flange) that is supposed to act as a "stop" when it gets pressed into a housing. But from what I see in the picture, it looks like that flange is on the right hand side and is about 1/2"-3/4" away from the axle housing mount. Like, it appears that the bushing is NOT pressed up to its shoulder/flange.

Am I wrong?

yes, it is pressed into the axle mount up to the shoulder of the bushing. by design, the bushing is not centered in the mount.

You're talking about the flange on the end of the bushing. If you were to look at that bushing while not installed, you'd notice that there's an increase in diameter about 1/2" from that flange on the end. It's not much, maybe a 1/32", but it adds about 1/16" to the diameter effectively preventing the bushing from being pushed in any further. The mount on the axle is champfered out inside which prevents you from seeing it right now, if you were to remove that bushing or bought new ones you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

When I replaced my bushings, that was the more difficult axle bushing to replace, I used chuncks of wood with the other UCA axle bushing and that made it work no problemo, however I had a tough time gettng the press in to remove this one, I ended up using a torch to heat metal, a bfh, and a saw I think.

Anyway, I think that bushing looks fine, old but fine-but by the nature of it being old and rusted, I doubt that it is 'out of position'

yes, it is pressed into the axle mount up to the shoulder of the bushing. by design, the bushing is not centered in the mount.

Ah! "Flange" and "Shoulder" are NOT the same things. Yes, I see now. The shoulder is the suble increase in diameter of the "shank" of the bushing... I did notice that but forgot about it.
Shoulder of bushing fits into champher of axle mount and that is what seats the bushing. The flange at the very end of the bushing has nothing to do with it.

NAXJA wins again. Thanks guys.

I've got the ball joint press and I'm ready to go. I also thought about using some of the cups and adapters that come with the press to make that threaded rod tool. I've seen that idea floated around. Either way, I'll take a whack at it hopefully this weekend.

Back