• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help she just decided not to run

naughty_auty

NAXJA Forum User
here in seattle we had some good snowfall well some lady lost it and ran into my 89 xj. long story short I was able to drive it home and for about 300 dollars put it back together.

It sat for about a month and then I took it apart

Jeep ran fine after the accident and while moving it around the yard till i got in into my shop. Once apart "bumper, header panel and drivers fender" I found out i also needed a radiator so I went to pull it outside.

I start it up it will idle for about 30 to 60 seconds then die. turn the key it will start right up and do the same thing.

It will also rev up let say to 3k and do that just fine for the same amount of time.

the radiator just leaks a little so the rig did have water in it. I also did not touch anything in the engine bay

ITs an 89 xj all stock 4.0 with an auto trany

Thanks

I feel like an idiot but my friend tried to fix the door be welding on a piece metal. I didn't think of it cause he did first thing before i took the jeep apart.

could welding on the rig with the batty connected fried something

ecu on an 89? sounds like what my problem is

sounds like a cracked ballast resistor in the puel pump curcuit. the ballast resisitor is on the driverside fender wall next to the air filter. it has 2 orange wires connected to it. take the wires off and connect them together. try to start.

yes you could damage the ecu, but i dont think you did.

Thats funny i was trying to learn how to use the search hear found another post close to the same problem.

plus your post i took a look and one side came unpluged pluged it in and tada
she's a runner again

Thanks

Back