• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100 watt H3 vs 130 watt H3

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have the kc slim lights and i just ordered 4 130 watt bulbs to replace my 100 watt ones that came in it, the new ones have that blue tint to them. what kind of improvement should i expect from there? i tried searching for a thread about them but i must not be wording it right.

i predict you wishing you went to HID...

if i could of afforded hid, prolly but for the price i'll stick to what i have, besides i went on KC right now and they are selling their 130 watt bulbs for $10, regular price is 34... so i snatched up 4 of them in hopes they make brighter light =/... im happy with what i have now, but i will be happier with more illumination. and yanno HID's are really awesome they just want ur kidney to but a pair

im not sure how slim the kc's are, they might be too slim for the longer hid bulb... now that i think of it.

i upgraded the bulbs on my hella 500's to HID for about $55 per light, so it can be done cheaply!
thats ALLMOST what'd you pay replacing them w/ pep boys h4 bulbs....
but $10 per bulb... cant go wrong w/ that.

Send me a pm guys, I can get you hid kits to upgrade for approx 80 per set...

ok, so i got 2 sets of kc's now... now im just awaiting my new 130 watt bulbs, this is what it looks like for now =)
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

i'll post new pics of after the 130 watt bulbs get installed

I went from 55W to 130W in my old Hella 500. There was a big difference, I did have to do some rewiring to make it work. I ran a separate fuse and relay to each light, it worked great and I had no problems with it set up like that. There was a huge difference in the amount of light. The blue tint will not make much of a difference, if any thing your lights will look more white, and probably be a little brighter.

there is a huge diff between the 100 and 130's. i had 100w day lighters on the bumper and 130w slims on the wind shield and i ended up running with the 130w on more then anything.

i did have the long range slim lights, not sure if that helped but they seemed to throw out alot more light then the 100w day lighters. i wish i hadn't sold my slim lights with my old rubi(hind sight is 20/20). they are hands down the best light i have ever used. great pattern with the 130's.

that blut tint wont help things, they dip the bulb in some blue stuff which effectivley blocks some of the output. to get th emost bang for your buck make sure you have large enough wires feeding the lights and a quality bulb

Back