• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

/Prerunner/ TECH!

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
SO, scrolling thru mod tech this weekend, its somewhat sparse of fresh and easy tech mods, over the weekend type stuff for those of us who are bored... not broke, but not loaded either...

SO! got a smaller type mod you want to share?, without the hastle of starting your own thread? lets post em here and get this forum going!
Got a new trinket you got installed and wanna show off? show it off here!

this should be oriented towards medium or intermediate minds, you need not explain the simple stuff. just the jist of it! pics are nice, but you shouldnt have to apologize for cell phone pics either!

This is a community building thread, got suggestions? bring em up!
You allways get more stuff done w/ inspiration!

to start it off, how about the simple stuff?, stuff any mod'ed jeep should have...

my hood setup: all cables pulled, underside of hood is smooth, and free of obstructions waiting to rip out chunks of your hair.... autofab hood pins installed,

old rear hatch strut hood opener; installed with simple aluminum u-channel brackets, self tapper screwed into hood and engine bracket near the coolant bottle in a renix... old struts not cutting it on the rear hatch? but hate the idea of wasting money on new ones? use your old ones here!
pix for clarification on bracket positioning.
after installing these, opening a regular oem jeep is a pain!

Last edited:
I used the stock rear sway bar brackets (the one's that bolt to the leaf spring plate) for my lower shock mounts, when I put my shocks through the floor out back.

-Dan

Back