• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Stage 3 rear bumper questions

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
In process of installing my JCR Stage 3 rear bumper today, couple of questions while the paint drys for tomorrow's install.

1. Did anyone else have to trim the brackets to clear their nutstrips?

2. On the tire carrier, there is a grease fitting where it mounts to the spindle. I noticed a couple of bearings included with it, but the directions on JCR's site say nothing about what order these need to go in, what kind of grease to fill it with , etc. Anyone have any experience with it?

3. Which wire in the tail lights should I tap into for a license plate light?

4. What size nut do I need on the bolts for the tire?

Thanks guys, I've been long awaiting this bumper and want to get it wrapped up tomorrow.

Bummer, I was hoping to have something before I started working on it today.

In process of installing my JCR Stage 3 rear bumper today, couple of questions while the paint drys for tomorrow's install.

2. On the tire carrier, there is a grease fitting where it mounts to the spindle. I noticed a couple of bearings included with it, but the directions on JCR's site say nothing about what order these need to go in, what kind of grease to fill it with , etc. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks guys, I've been long awaiting this bumper and want to get it wrapped up tomorrow.

1 I dont know
2 It depends what type of hinge they use. If they use a trailer spindle then the bigger gearing goes first then the smaller. Wheel bearing grease should be fine.
3 use a test light to see wich wire is HOT when you have you marker lights on.
4 no clue I dont own that tire carrier.

Good luck:peace:

I'm answering my own questions for future reference

1. There is a clearance issue between the brackets and the nut strips, one or the other will have to be trimmed. I also could not get my hitch to fit with JCR's support brackets, so I had to remove it.

2. Turn carrier upside down, put a bearing in narrow side first. Then tap the seal in. Put on spindle. Some pressure will be needed as the bearings are tight. I used a piece of wood over the top and then a sledge to tap it down. Put the second bearing in, narrow side first. Put a washer on, then tighten down castle nut. The nut is 1 7/16 inch, so you need a big ass socket or crescent wrench. There is a hole for a cotter pin, not included, I put one in to be safe. Then tap the cap on, and load with grease, be careful as I yanked the grease fitting out when I attempted to remove.

3. Dark Blue/Red.

4. Same size as the actual lugs on the Jeep

You will need to trim off the part of the nut stripe that hangs over outside of the uniframe for our brackets to clear.

Bearings are the same size top and bottom. It is best to put the bearing and seal into the bottom of the carrier, set the carrier on the spindle, then install the Bearing, washer and castle nut.

I am not sure on this.

1/2-20. Standard Jeep Lug nuts.

1. There is a clearance issue between the brackets and the nut strips, one or the other will have to be trimmed. I also could not get my hitch to fit with JCR's support brackets, so I had to remove it.

I would be interested to know more about this. This is the first case we have seen with the hitch not fitting. If you don't mind, you could email me directly at [email protected].

In order for the Tie in brackets to fit with a hitch, you do not need to flip the brackets over.

There is a hole for a cotter pin, not included, I put one in to be safe.

This is not needed, since the only time the spindle is spinning is when you open and close it. So as long as you tighten it with a wrench or plyers it won't come loose.

Thanks for the answers JCR, I'll email you regarding the hitch.

Back