• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready to race!

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The rig is done, and I'm loading up my gear. A few minor things still to be done when we get there, but we'll have more time then than I have now. It can race the way it is.

Major things that we've done are the new ORI stuts, new 4.6L stroker motor, changed the gears from 4.56 to 5.13, upped the fuel capacity from 12 gal to 28 gal (16 gal tank stays and 12 gal tank comes off), added more safety items to comply with this years rules, added cutting brakes, added a spare tire mount (removable), installed a race radio, beefed up all the suspension mounts. It also has newly rebuilt CTM axle joints, all new ball joints, a new muffler that should run cooler, new skins and stickers, plus numerous repairs and upgrades. We've been working on it virtually non-stop for 2.5 months. The rig has been almost completely disassembled and put back together.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Not much spare room.......it's all a snug fit. A spare driveline will be mounted just in front of the spare tire.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Plenty of fuel plumbing with two tanks. Ball valves are required on all fuel lines, we have four of them, plus a vent line for both tanks that's about 15 ft long.

standard.jpg

New ORI struts.......these things are working nicely.

standard.jpg

Cutting brakes and new radio, plus the GPS mount.

standard.jpg

Definitely lookin forward to meeting you & the team out there. Between your past experience and the new additions I'd say you've got a helluva competitive rig this year.

I'm working all day tomorrow and Sunday morning to get mine in shape to wheel out there as well - I'd love to hit some trails after the race and see what the Hammers are all about. Hopefully both your rig and mine will be in decent enough shape to do that. :D

I'll be honest - my allegiance in this race is with the east coast guys, but if there's anything I can do for the NAXJA crew while we're out there, I'll definitely do what I can.

Looks Good Richard, Good Luck on the Race!
I can only make it up there on race day, but I will be there!

I've got a bout 800 pounds of tools and safety equipment loaded up, Mikes got about 2,000 pounds of firewood and the camper loaded up. As soon as my laundry is done and loaded, I'll take an 8 hour nap and be on the road.

see you tomorrow Richard. Bring beer. =)

I've got a bout 800 pounds of tools and safety equipment loaded up, Mikes got about 2,000 pounds of firewood and the camper loaded up. As soon as my laundry is done and loaded, I'll take an 8 hour nap and be on the road.

see you tomorrow Richard. Bring beer. =)

I have two cases, but I know that won't last a week. :)

I'm loaded, except for a couple minor things in the morning. I get off work at 5:00, I'm probably leaving around 4:00. :D

This is going to be one helluva week....................

I am loaded and ready, but with the Tour of California running up Palomar Mt. (just up the road from me) I gotta' stick around to see that!

I'll head up tomorrow morning, or maybe even tonight if I get a wild hair...

I will see you all on Wednesday, and make sure to come over and introduce myself.

John

See you out there, John. Are you bringing the green Jeep?

Really wish I could go, last year was a blast!

All the best of luck to Richard, Paul, Dave and Garry!! Be sure to take plenty of pics! :)

Richard called last night and was SO excited about the race course and said it was totally 'bad ass'.

Evidently the course goes down Resolution and back door. Should be a great event for sure.

Back