• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95+ seat brackets in Renix MJ

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
I had an MJ Bench. I got a set of 96 XJ 2dr buckets. And I would like to put said buckets into my MJ. However after comparing the MJ Bench bracket to the 96 xj bucket bracket I'm quite confused on what to do. I read a few threads on here where people bolted and or welded the early bracket to the later seat. I dont have that option with the MJ bench bracket. How can i affix the 96 xj seat bracket to the floor of my MJ? I don't have access to a 96+ xj to cut the floor mount out of(shelbyluvv style). Anyone done this in an XJ or MJ?

you might want to try finding some MJ BUCKET brackets.... they will be next to impossible to find in the junkyard... then doing what i did here to the bottom of the late seat bottoms.. you may be able to do the same, to match a mj bench bracket (if you do, let us know how that goes, please!)

the floor of the mj is differant than either xj, (pre 96, and post 96 have differant floor pans, and the bottom part of the brackets are differant)
so without making a new bracket or bring REALLY creative w/ the 96 bracket.. your out of luck..o this ,

Last edited:
Back