• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on rear stretch w/ reversed leafs

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
so i got 4.5" RC leaf's and teraflex 1.5" drop shackles and im interested in doing a rear stretch and cutting out the rear fenderwell. questions are:

to gain slight lift perhaps 4" can a stock xj leaf spring turned reverse provide lift or am i just going to need to turn my RC leafs around?

im aware that ill need to make a new shackle assembly and im gonna make a nice adjustable mount while im at it so thats not a concern, but how far back will it be compared to now?

thanks guys!

cant you just drill a new hole in the spring to move the axle back. or turn the spring around as the centering pin hole is not in the center of the spring?

i just said im gonna turn the springs around bro thats the whole point im asking specific questions on lift and shackle location. not the idea.

stocks leaves turned around will not give you lift. shackle location will stay the same with the springs forward or backward as long as the leafspring stays the same length. more axle wrap will happen with the springs reversed.

as to how far it will move measure where the center pin goes from each end of the spring. the diference will be how far the axle will move

i just said im gonna turn the springs around bro thats the whole point im asking specific questions on lift and shackle location. not the idea.

by reversing the spring, why would the shackle location change if the length of the spring didnt change?

why would a stock spring gain 4" of lift by turning it around concidering the hole is off centered by only about 1.5"?

i was just trying to help, please dont call me bro.

Back