• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a good Low end cam Crane 750501??

98 jeepjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 HO with the lifter tap issue. Long story short im going to pull the motor to replace some freeze plugs/gasket. While im there i want to do the lifters/cam/timing chain. im geting a JY head and sending it to the machine shop to be redone. i will gasket match the runners and polish the bowls. The jeep has a 63MM TB K&N Fipk 99+ intake mani and 24lb mustang injectors, aftermarket header. I plan to lift it next year and put on 33's/4.56 gears so im looking for a solid torque cam for my DD i hear alot of good things about the Crane 750501 cam. Im looking for suggestions i spend most of my time at 2,100-2,500 during my commute. does hesco have any good cams?

its just not the same as doing a cam swap on a gm350 as in terms of power. hesco may have a grind that might work for you. gearing for the the tire size increase is best. go 4.88 for low end but it may not be that good on the highway.

have you looked onto a stroker, seems like youve done everything but stroking it.

its just not the same as doing a cam swap on a gm350 as in terms of power. hesco may have a grind that might work for you. gearing for the the tire size increase is best. go 4.88 for low end but it may not be that good on the highway.

have you looked onto a stroker, seems like youve done everything but stroking it.
i dont want to stroke it because i want to see how long i can get out of this engine without a rebuild.

Back