• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Numbers on Quadratec Rear Leafs?

Runner

NAXJA Forum User
This will sound unusual, and we're probably being anal, but here goes...

We just received Quadratec heavy duty leaf springs for our son's XJ Cherokee (Part # 56010.11).

The leaf springs that arrived have S/3318 painted on them. Problem is - this is what the picture on the website of the medium duty springs show.

Do we indeed have the heavy duty leaf springs rather than the medium duty leaf springs? Has anyone run into this?

Called Quadratec - they said the pictures are not necessarily accurate, and just show pictures of leaf springs.

Thanks in advance for any information.

you need too look at the OEM part number that Q-tec lists on their site for those springs, which is this number....4886186AA. this is a Crown auto part number.

according to Crowns catalog....
http://www.crownautomotive.net/catalog/steering/XJ2.htm

your part number in that catalog ends with a 'B'.

i would assume that you have the HD leafs from Q-tec, according to the extremely close part numbers (ending in AA from Q-tec and AB on Crowns site).
i believe that HD part number has a 7" arch and has a rating of just over 700lbs

you might gain an inch or a tad more (over a good condition stock leaf) from the research i have been doing.

try searching Crown on this site and you'll find alot of info.

i just got a pair in from JCW and mine have S-3319 on them, and they are part number 4886185AB on Crowns site. (for comparison, my part # has a 6" arch and a 675lb rating).
mine came with a sticker on the leafs that has the crown part number on it, do yours have any other part numbers on them?

i have no idea why everything started appearing bold type in this message?

Last edited:
Those are the heavy duty leaves, according to the numbers (and explanations) posted in other threads.

But who is the best supplier? I've read that JC Whitney is the cheapest shipper, but I'm thinking there are vendors here who sell Crown springs. Anyone stand out as far as service, shipping, cost are concerned? I need to address my sagging rear this year as well.

Back