• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster, Heat Shields and Autozone

P

Poppinblock

***I searched the forums***

And I have a some more questions. I have an '01. I am putting in a Flowmaster 50 Delta. Do I need to install a heat shield? If so, are there a variety of types out there or are they just generic? What about airbake cookie sheets? If airbake, what is the best way to attatch it?

I've got the basics, but I'm still a newb, thanks for taking the time.

More questions will come with your answers

I had a Flowmaster 50 series on mine for about a year. Didn't notice extra heat coming in through the floor. No melted carpet or undercoating.

97+ XJ's have a factory shield in place, runs about $15 IIRC from the dealer. I added one to my 89 to keep my floor cool, which it did.

Home Depot has this fully-metallic high-temp duct tape made by Nashua, adhesive backed, used for among other things sealing 4" exhaust ducts exiting immediately from oil burners, not insulated but very reflective, FWIW.

Adhesive has held up very well on oil burner, will use it when I ghetto-fab cool air intake/heat shield for my k&n cone.

Back