• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Round 2

89RockHeep

NAXJA Forum User
ok well if any one remembers about a month ago i posted a thread, about my truck just dying and not restarting, blah blah blah, replaced hte CPS ran fine, now on the road to replacing the cps, i replaced:
cap+rotor
ICM
Coil(bought in april,MSD)
Fuel Pump
none of this had any effect, replaced cps, ran fine until yesterday.
i was driving it out of the jiffy lube bay(oilchange,air filter), and it sputtered like it was out of fuel(1/4 of a tank in the truck)then died, i took my old co workers car to the gas station thinking i havent let it get that low on fuel since i replaced the FP, so put in a gallon, runs fine for about half a mile.
push it into chevron fill it up, no start wtf. it sits for about an hour or so, sometimes more,so i replaced the fuel filter in the parking lot to no effect, tried a different coil, same effect, excpt for it started and died right away then no start for 2+ hours after that, and i even put in a new cps again just to make sure. so any idea.

well as of 2pm. its "The Kar Shop"'s problem. literally no time to fumble need it done. who wants to play a game? through up your best answer's or questions, il answer anyhting you have to ask, and il post what the shop finds.

wow, no i actually didnt, i called my buddies shop where its at, and let him know, the old cps i replaced last night is in the truck so hes taking it next door to the ceramics shop, and gonna get it up to 200 F and test it
then cool it and test it

I'd spend some time checking out the crank sensor wiring (for damage) and the crank sensor connector very closely. The crank signal has to make it all the way to the computer to be useful. Clean connector on the sensor with electrical cleaner. If you just put ANOTHER crank sensor in, it's certainly possible but unlikely that it's the sensor itself that is causing the problem.

Another area where the signal can become intermittent is the crank sensor connector inside the engine bay near the firewall, drivers side. Should be inspected and cleaned.

Testing for both spark and fuel when it's in a no-start condition may also reveal a clue and narrow it down.

Let us know what you find!

Last edited:
shop called, they said fuel pump based on theres power at the plug, and it wasnt turning on, i asked them to test the sending unit, because i just replaced the pump, they threw a hissy fit, and are going to call me back soon.

Back