• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limit strap ?'s

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I was checking out my fender clearence on my rig after trimming for my 33's. I had about 2 inches to go before bumpstop on my drivers side, and the passenger was playing the banjo with my brake line. So that day I moved my brake line mount down from the original hole to the bottom of the frame rail. My worry now is that it will just continue to droop past that. I'm running the RE 5.5" LA with a set of Rusty's 6" lift cheapo shocks for now. What kind of setups are you guys running for limit straps with a RE lift. I did already read all of the posts in the search threads but none show me what I want to see or hear. Thanks in advance. I plan on getting these straps also. http://www.oregonmotorsports2000.co...searchpath/14161/start/16/total/27/Categories

first off, are you using extended brake lines? if not I'd look into those before limiting your flex.

if you have extended brake lines, than those straps should work out ok... find a place to connect them and fire them up. I'd think you could use the joint where the uppers meet the lower arms, and weld on a plate on the frame to bolt the other end too. would keep it out of the linkages way and wouldn't have to be so long as to get hung up on stuff.

I got mine through oregon motors and I have nothing bad to say. They shipped fast and the price is very good for beard straps. So is your question about strap length or mounting or what? I would say flex it out or get the axle on stands and get it at full droop so that the shock is extended all the way. If your shock is the first thing to extend your travel just measure from where you want to mount them on the axle to where you want to mount them to the frame and take away about 1" for every foot for stretch. I have mine mounted to the swaybay links on the axle side and a bolt welded to my frame/bumper plate. Thats about the just of it.

I already have the RE extended brake lines. I was limiting with one of them already, I think it was the first time though. I was kind of wondering about mounting places. I run my swaybar unless off road so I don't know if mounting them there is going to work. I'm going out this weekend so I will see what happens and if I still need them I will go from there. Thanks for the info I'll just have to measure a couple of different places and see what works for me. I think that your post is where I got the link for oregon motors, slc. Isn't running them off of my UCA going to put more stress on the straps when they are in use?

you mount it off the swaybar bolt... You can still have your swaybar connected or disco. It is just on the axle side bolt that you thread the metal dowel that you slide your swaybar onto.

That is how I was thinking of doing it. I will see this weekend how much droop I can get away with and then measure from the frame to the swaybar bolt. Thanks for the help guys.

I dont' know how much longer the RE extended lines are than stock lines but I've seen alot of guys on here running lines from full size chevy trucks that are a good 10" (IIRC) longer than stock.

Back