• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF Preperation... o.O

99SJ_Ex

NAXJA Forum User
So I am posting this here, cause it partains to the climate on the Midwest and also my preperations for WF...

My AJ Super Sliders were delivered to my house today, unfortunatly I am currently at college and not arriving home till Friday night. My father, is awsome by the way, agreed to "Prep and Paint" them for me so I can install them with all my other stuff Saturday. Problem is, it is in the 20-30* in Wisconsin at the momment.

My question(s) to you is: If he runs 2 1500watt Heaters in my 'rents 2 car garage, will it be warm enough for the paint to work properly?? I don't have anywhere else to do this, and would like to get them painted before all the road salt/grime rusts them.... Any suggestions would be great!

(BTW- Using self etching primer and the Rust-O-leum Hammered Black paint...)

I am not a paint guru, so I can't help you.

Depending on how often you wheel and how often you bang on the sliders, a great paint job is not important.

I usually hit them with a few shots of rattlecan black when I get done wheeling, just to cover some exposed metal areas.

BOB

I am not a paint guru, so I can't help you.

Depending on how often you wheel and how often you bang on the sliders, a great paint job is not important.

I usually hit them with a few shots of rattlecan black when I get done wheeling, just to cover some exposed metal areas.

BOB

I agree with BOB 100% on this one. I tried to make mine look purty at one time, but now they have fallen victims of about 10 different brands of shiny black :D

and you might want to keep the heaters away from the paint fumes.....I hear that could be an "explosive" combination. ;)

Mine are powder coated, and are starting a little rust in a few spots.......I feel bad painting over the powdercoat, so I've just let them be. I'll sand and paint them when it gets bad.

Well turned out I went to a friends 'rents house in New Lisbon. His dad's shop has a propane ceiling heater and heated the shop to 70*F. Was able to prime/paint/mount the sliders all in the same day... I know I should have let the paint dry more, but if it get's bad, I'll redo it this summer.

Back