• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front dana 44 with 760x joints ?????

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
this is kinda off subject but its a dana axle so im gonna ask anyway, were putting a solid axle on my buddys 94 full size bronco, its a hp d44 out of a 79 bronco, 19 spline outter and 30 inner, he's using stock shafts with 760x joints, 19 spline outter and 30 inner, it has 4:56 gears and a auburn up front, he's running new toyo MTs that are 37x1450x15 with 15x10 eagle alloys, so my question is how do you guys think those shafts will hold up with tire size + gears and locker?

Poorly.

I'll second the poorly. I have 33" Toyo MTs, with 15x10 rims, and those things are heavy bastards. One tire and rim weighs 110lbs. I can't imagine what the 37's weigh.

That set up is just asking for troubles.

god no.

you can make the 44 fairly reliable on 37's if you build it right and wheel with your brain, not your foot.

You can go light on the gas and not brake it too much. But I think 37s is asking for breakage. If you want to beat on it and not break a 60 swap will be in order. You can probably get away with the 44 but make sure you have spare shafts.

I wouldn't do it.

I'd also.. you know, go ask on a BRONCO forum.

=)

i think itll be fine. im running 38s with 5:13s on stock shafts, and i wouldnt consider myself easy on it, i havent had any breakage

on the contrary, i run 36's, know i'm not easy on it, and since november i have broken:

2 moser alloy outers
2 yukon chromo outers
2 stock outers
1 stock inner
2 spicer u joints
detroit locker side gear

rebuilding the detroit, gonna run moser inners, yukon super joints, and nitro gear outers (lifetime warranty). givin the 44 one last shot

Back