• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper bracket drawings

rhinoron713

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a drawing with measurements of some front bumper brackets for a homebrew build ..I want to laser cut me some mounting plates - TIA !!!

Last edited:
why not just take the bumper apart and trace the holes onto the metal? I did this recently when I built my bumper and it worked quite well. I did all of the standard holes by tracing and then marked the holes for the steering box with a brush and some paint. I was actually really surprised how well things lined up. :guitar:

One difference is between the 2 vert. holes and the 3rd to the rear... on one it's 3" and on the other it's 3.5... anyone wanna dig out the ruler?

... just did a photochop overlay of the first .pdf over a picture of one popular brand of mount... and everything lined up except the rearward of the 3-holes (the triangular arangement) looks like it should be 3" away from the front 2 holes, not 3.5"... and the upper PSgear hole should be about .5 inches rearward of where it's located on the .pdf.

Sorry, i dont feel like posting the image. I'm lazy.

Tomorrow i might get out the ruler and try to confirm... unless someone beats me to it.

Not to highjack this thread, but it has to do with it. Some people told me once that bumper bracket should not be thinner than 1/4. However, tow-hook bracket are made in 3/16, and they are designed to hold a hook that will work alone in retreiving a stuck XJ. So if one 3/16 bracket can work alone, how come that two of the same thickness cannot work together tied by a bumper ???

Thanks

IMO, 3/16 should be fine... some people tend to go nutz with their jeeps and might want more. 1/4 is good if you dont ever want it to bend hitting it on things.

..people told me once that bumper bracket should not be thinner than 1/4. However, tow-hook bracket are made in 3/16 and they are designed to hold a hook that will work alone in retrieving a stuck XJ. ....???

1 - Stock tow hook brackets bend quite often.

2- There are piles of 1/4 inch steel sitting in the scrap bins, 3/16" would have to be ordered. Even if there were two identical pieces of scrap laying on the floor, I would choose the 1/4" instead of the 3/16" for my bumper mounting brackets.

Back