• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chryco 8.25/Regearing/Who to buy from?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so Im getting my hands on a 29 spline 8.25. Gonna re gear it to 4:56 then do my 30. My question is where do you guys buy your gears from? PORC has the best prices I have found. 145.99 plus 16.84 for shipping, but here lately a few folks have been bashing them.....So the next cheapest is Ronsmachiningservice.com at a price of 149.99 plus 25 bucks for shipping. Im trying to keep this on the cheap, not as in quality because I know gears are not something you want cheap out on, but you can still be on a budget and re gear. a buddy of mine already had the install kit, So for now, I just need the gears.

I just did my D30 to 4.56s and i would strongly suggest buying dana gears. We stuck in the stock shims and the first swipe we did was perfect!! That just doen't happen. lol I got mine from six states, i know they're more dough but i think it was well worth it.

DON'T buy from PORC. I had to go through three different sets of 4.56 gears before I finally received a set that weren't chipped. They take the Yukon gears out of the factory styrofoam and shipped the gears in crumpled up newspaper via USPS.I'm sure the r&ps were banging against each other the whole time. AND, I ordered a detroit locker from them at the same time... yeah... one of the bolts that holds the case together was about 1 1/2" out and was bent. So then PORC told me I had to wait until the detroit manufacturer could send me a new one. Just because they have a good deal doesn't mean it's a good deal.

I just got a set of the 4.88's from one of our sponsors, Just Differentials. Patron those guys, they help pay the bills around here.

But if you must shop abroad try Randy's Ring and Pinion.

I did Superior gears in my last XJs 8.25. They were fine. I'd buy them again.

Back