• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage Tube Diameter

Joepoppa1

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering exoin' my rig, and have some questions about tubing. What type of material would I want to use if I want to be fabing this out of a small diameter tubing? I don't want some huge gawdy monkeybar looking tubing surrounding me. I kinda want it small and close to the body, but I don't want to give up strength. Is there an advantage to using larger diameter tubing? I understand that thicker walled stuff and maybe chromo tubing will be more expensive, but I am weighing my options right now.

will I have to use alot of it to make the cage strong? Not sure if I want it looking like a spider web. I know, I know Picky picky...:laugh:

Id do 1.75" DOM for the main stuff, and 1.5" DOM for the smaller supports.
X2, I used 1.75" This summer it will be getting more gussets with 1.5"

n6310842_33033144_6836.jpg

Personally Id use 1.5".

Start searching google, yahoo, naxja, pirate, etc... save any picture with something you like. Then snap pictures of your jeep and print them out. Get out your sharpie and start drawing on the photos. Once you get one you like flip the picture over, and you have your cage design.

Back