• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton Long arm kit......

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
If you run the clayton kit would you take some detailed pictures of the crossmember and post them up? Or if you have some good images of the crossmember b4 it is installed post that. ty

btt

I don't have any really good pictures, but here are a couple. What exactly are you looking for?
DSCN0649.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG

Looking to see how it mounts and what size the different pieces are. Is that .25 for the LA mounts? If you have a side close up like the one without the arm that would be helpful too. That looks different then the image on there site. Is there a brace missing? ty very much.

That was before I had it all put together and everything and that was last year sometime, so I can't remember. But I'm at school right now, maybe I can get some pictures later tonight for you, I'll try to dig up my camera. If you're worried about stregth or anything though, don't. I haven't had one problem with this setup and It gives me really good flex.

Mike

Last edited:
i dont have any pics of mine right now but the crossmember is 3-peices. the main cross section, and the 2 end mounts. the end mounts mount to the factory cross member bolts to locate them and then are obviously welded into place. the center section is bolted between the end mounts. so it remains removable after the kit is installed.

how much more detail and of what area do you need?

sidriptide said:
i dont have any pics of mine right now but the crossmember is 3-peices. the main cross section, and the 2 end mounts. the end mounts mount to the factory cross member bolts to locate them and then are obviously welded into place. the center section is bolted between the end mounts. so it remains removable after the kit is installed.

how much more detail and of what area do you need?
Um, much more. Like how wide is the center piece. The size of the material etc. I like the idea but I am not sure if I like how low it hangs. How low does it hang. All that kind of info.

Back