• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

V8 JEEP DONE RIGHT

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
Here is my v8 jeep done right!!
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

1989 Jeep cherokee, originally from cali ( i live in ohio).
6inch tomken lift
warn front hub unlocks
Currie axles d60 rear d44 front 355gears
87 corvette tpi 80000miles roughly
Ron davis alum rad
stage 2 clutchmasters
nv4500trans 5spd
agr steering box
eliminated ac
custom heders
2.5exhaust vxmuffler catco high flow cat
stock interior for now
Everything is beefed up um sure i missed a few things
O AND 17MPG

very nice. A couple of questions though,

Why 3.55 gears, and what's up with those street tires?

looks like a lotta fun, hope it has some subframe reinforcement. It would look even better if you lose those sideview mirrors and go stock or 97 +. Oh the tickets i would have with this thing ...

not my choosing the previous owner had them on and havent had money to put nice offroad tires on yet. Planning on putting 37's on and regear but that will be awhile. 355's for gas mileage, it is a tad on the low side but i get 15 to 17mpg 50 50 city and highway mix

What kind or sub-frame bracing do you have done to it, along with other "beefing up"?

bigger rotors up front and bigger drums on back. All steel braided brake lines. Its stops pretty good belive it or not.

look into the wj(99-04) grand booster/master swap. i did it to my 89 for under $100 with used booster/master. the 89 stock single diaphram booster/master is not providing as much line pressure as the wj swap would. the swap would make full use of those bigger rotors and bigger drums.

very nice xj. did you do all the work, or was it bought that way?

considering it has the d44 upfront, i doubt the WJ parts would fit...haha

wj booster and master dont go on the axle. reread my post, im not talking about the knuckle and caliper swap. i talking about getting better line pressure to the brakes.

read before you haha.

Nice work! I'm a purist myself when it comes to XJ power, its all 4.0 for me but I appreciate good work when its done right.

Very Nice!

Back