• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles

sp5368

NAXJA Forum User
I have OME rear leaf springs and extended shackles, I am getting old and can't remember the added length my shackles added. They are from eye to eye 5", I think it is 3/4" added lift does that sound right. My jeep sits about 4" of lift but since I put on 32" tires they are rubbing. My question is can I replace my old shackles with some that will add 1.5" to my lift without any problems.

So you are running extended shackles now? I really dont remember but it seams like it was half the extra length is the lift. So if your shackle was 4" longer then stock it would be 2" lift(maybe)... I really dont remember so do some snooping to verify or prove me wrong.

So after looking for awhile I called Quadetrec and they said 5" eye to eye is stock on a cherokee meaning 0 lift, they also confirmed this by calling Daystar and they said the same thing. I am sure I did not order a 0 lift shackle so if somebody has a stock shackle can they measure it eye to eye that would be great.

So after looking for awhile I called Quadetrec and they said 5" eye to eye is stock on a cherokee meaning 0 lift, they also confirmed this by calling Daystar and they said the same thing. I am sure I did not order a 0 lift shackle so if somebody has a stock shackle can they measure it eye to eye that would be great.
They are idiots,a stock shackle is 3".

Back