• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought An XJ, few minor problems. pics

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
Well I just couldn't pass up on a 2000 XJ not far from me for $3200.00, it has a 5.5" lift sway bar disconnects, a new engine and tranny with 108,000 miles on it, and 33" tires and a cold air intake. there are very few spots with rust, the rockers are very solid and the underneath is almost devoid of any rust just a few spots with surface rust. But i did find a few spots that i wanna treat as soon as i can and need some pointers on how to deal with them. Also need to fix a few other things. The rims aren't what i like either and ill need to find some ones with backspacing, i probably go with black rims.

To Fix.

1). Rust areas.

2). Also my heater only works on 4.

3). And my passanger window doesnt work, it doest click no noices at all from it when i hit the button.

pics:
Jp1.jpg

jp2.jpg

jp3.jpg

jp4.jpg

no rust on fender really.
norust.jpg

Problem areas, not to bad pretty much surface rust.
worst part.
rust1.jpg

light rust bent though missing a little metal.
rust3.jpg

ligt rust on bottom of doors, only surface.
rust2.jpg

nice jeep as for the rust sand it down cut it out whatever youu got to do get rid of it sooner or later it will come back to haunt you if you dont do it right the first time as for the heater its probably your resistor its about 10 15 bucks located on passenger side under dash hopes that helps:us:

Being where your from,Id have thought you would know more about rust.Thats not "mild" rust when talking about "thin-skinned" unibodys.My sons 01 GC started getting rust 2 months after moving to Watertown,NY.What a disaster!

I checked for milky residue, it doesn't appear any different color than my 95's , but there isn't really all that much oil in there either, is there any way else to tell if your head is cracked? i drove it for three days and it didn't seem to have that many problems. I have an angle grinder i think I'm gonna buy some sanding heads for it and a can of primer to at least halt the rust for now till i can get better paint on it.

Maybe i should just replace the head anyway like people are doing, whats the best head for these things aftermarket wise.

Coolant in oil, oil in coolant, little to no heat, oil looks like chocolate milk, rusty dipstick, coolant smell out exhaust. Just to name a few.

as for the heater its probably your resistor its about 10 15 bucks located on passenger side under dash :us:

IIRC, it was about $30-35 bucks for the resistor, a bit of a PITA to get to, mostly because you have to stand on your head to see WTF you're doing to change it. It's a little square plastic block with four metal coils on it, the bottom 3 burn through and your fan only works on "high". Is that the problem you're referring to? There's likely a write-up on changing it out, use "blower resistor" in a search.

Well thanks, well i don't think i have a problem with my head than, my oil is black and dipstick is clean, and heat works great on 4, yeah i need that blower resistor. I did plug in a computer and got error codes.

po201 injector circuit malfunction.
po301 cylinder misfire detected.

guess ill start with spark plugs , is there a write up on replacing fuel injectors?

Back