• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taller leaf springs

Curtgh

NAXJA Forum User
Do anyone know if there are any other trucks or jeeps that I can swap my leaf springs with and get 3-6 inches in the rear. I Measured mine and I think that the XJ has a 54 inch span. I just figure that there has got to be another GM vehicle with a 54 inch leaf spring span and a positive arch that will give me several inches. You know, since the XJ's have a negative arch on the leaf springs.

I'm new to this too but I have heard the you can make a "bastard pack" using springs from a Chevy S-10. You could try searching "bastard pack".

Yes, the s-10 bastard pack is very common. You can also use dodge dakota springs, or basically any leaf spring that is 2.5" wide and comes from a sprung-under axle. You cut the eyes off the main leaf from the s-10 and mix with your XJ pack. Search for homebrew leaf springs or homemade lift kit.

Back