• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how hard is a axle swap?

94xjzac

NAXJA Forum User
i had an old chevy and swaped dana 60s into it but jeeps seem alittle bit more complex, i was just wondering if you guys had any tips on doing so. i have a 94 xj with d(30) fornt and 35 rear, and swaping for 44s front and rear, stock out of a wagoneer.

i had an old chevy and swaped dana 60s into it but jeeps seem alittle bit more complex, i was just wondering if you guys had any tips on doing so. i have a 94 xj with d(30) fornt and 35 rear, and swaping for 44s front and rear, stock out of a wagoneer.
Rear is easy as hell, just weld on perches and shock mounts. For the front your going to have to fabricate coil buckets, shock mounts, control arm mounts and a panhard bracket. Some mfgs make kits though like rubicon express, T&T and a few others, just search a little bit.

Do a search, there are multiple threads on here detailing the swap.

IIRC the Wagoneer front axle is a passenger side drop, not a drivers side drop. Double check that. If true, it makes the swap very complicated.

IIRC the Wagoneer front axle is a passenger side drop, not a drivers side drop. Double check that. If true, it makes the swap very complicated.

81-91 was drivers drop, was also low pinion too

Yes, Wagoneer front axles were low pinion passenger drop, but the OP most likely meant Grand Wagoneer, which, as Rob said, were driver drop and low pinion.

then why'd you start a new thread?
if you've already swapped an axle it's not that much different.
do more reading

Back