• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re-building stock leaf packs

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
I have a couple questions concerning rebuilding my oem packs. I was considering the hd leaf packs and adding the main leaf to it to decrease the likeliness of it sagging on me. I'm trying to accomplish 2.5" of lift. Or what could I add to my stock oack to get it to 2.5"? How do you bust a pack apart? I'm thibnking of having a shop rebuild my packs for me... Give me some options guys. Thanks!

You should do a search first. Key words: bastard pack, leaf springs just to name a few.

Try using the search feature....

its very easy to do, you will need new center bolts, new longer U-bolts and spring retainers, and I recommend getting a graphite paint to coat the leafs. U like to use 2 S-10 main leafs per pack placed under the xj main leaf then all the rest of the xj leafs. It nets about 2.5-3 inches and rides pretty well and holds up to towing and carrying loads

ok so you made ONE post about searching, as if that wasnt enough- you felt the need to make another post about searching. you are a tool..:rolleyes:

that said, did you bother to search?
from the time you first posted this thread, till the time you got a real answer you could have searched countless other threads and probably had enough time to do the re-build start to finish.
when people mention searching they aren't always being pricks, sometime they are trying to save you sometime waiting for the answer.

tools everywhere and none that can be used.

Here you are
1) xj main added under current main in your pack = 1.5" of lift great ride
2) xj main plus xj second added to your pack = 2.25" of lift great ride
3)S10 main added to your pack = 3" of lift, stiffer ride

all measurements are somewhat subjective. I have 2) under mine, been there 3 years no sag great ride.
rocklizardfabrications.com-- tech section started all this. Go read, go learn.
gojeep.com ---- huge repository of information.

its very easy to do, you will need new center bolts, new longer U-bolts and spring retainers, and I recommend getting a graphite paint to coat the leafs. U like to use 2 S-10 main leafs per pack placed under the xj main leaf then all the rest of the xj leafs. It nets about 2.5-3 inches and rides pretty well and holds up to towing and carrying loads

THANK YOU.. thats what im looking for. around 2.5"

THANK YOU.. thats what im looking for. around 2.5"

ya easy answers are handy... course it took you a day to get what you wanted.

1 FULL minute of 'advanced search" yielded this thread
Getting 2" of lft from two XJ spring packs?

first reply in that thread says
"i used a new set of stock HD leafs and added my old saggin mains to give me 2"

again, if someone doesn't know the answer themselves, THAT may be why they advise you to search, because they have seen the answer out there but don't have it handy.

last but not least, here's another handy thread
Sticky: Guide to Searching!! *Update*

Back