• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 5.0 injectors

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a ford mustang injector year range to fit my 89 xj. No one seems to list an actual application. Thanks!

yes you can, I can tell that you are surprised from the caps lock

Any year should do. You will just need to check the flow rate. LT1 injectors from a multi port injection GM will work as well. Mine came from a Camaro. They flow well enough for my stroker. I think you will want the pink or orange top Ford injectors. I do not remember all the colors off hand, I know the blue ones are 24lb but I think you will want less.

So any year 5.0 mustang injector will do? my engine is stock, except for port/polish, cam and .60 over.

Looking for a ford mustang injector year range to fit my 89 xj. No one seems to list an actual application. Thanks!

i believe it's 87-95 all 5.0. just make sure the tops are orange, and from that year range, you should be fine. fiveomotorsport.com has a bunch of injector information. plus, the guys there are super cool, their customer service is excellent.

Look for a guy on ebay who sells six flow matched 5.0 injectors for Jeeps, these are what I run I just can't remember his name.

Edit: This is the guy, but he doesn't have any listed at the moment-- http://stores.ebay.com/Precision-Auto-Injectors

Last edited:
Ihave bee runnig mine for a little over a year. I noticed an immediate diffrence, idling and returning to idle were way smoother.

What injectors would be a good upgrade for my 97 4.0? I just have an exhaust and intake. I would say the 5.0 but the mass-air 5.0 injectors were 19lb and I thought the stock ho 4.0 were 20 something. Would ford 460 injectors work?If I recall they are like the mass-air 5.8s and flow 24lbs. I was also thinking the speed density 5.8s had 19lb just like the 5.0 mass-air.Would I have a need for more fuel with only small mods?

Last edited:
not all 5.0 injectors are the same - just like not all 4.0 XJ injectors are the same.
Keep looking, some of the 5.0 injectors flow 24 lbs which should be enough for most stroker builds + the stock computer should be able to run them without getting too rich even on an unmodified 4.0
This is assuming you have a 97+ XJ... 24 lb injectors on an 89, meant for 19 lb.... probably wouldnt go that well.

What injectors would be a good upgrade for my 97 4.0? I just have an exhaust and intake. I would say the 5.0 but the mass-air 5.0 injectors were 19lb and I thought the stock ho 4.0 were 20 something. Would ford 460 injectors work?If I recall they are like the mass-air 5.8s and flow 24lbs. I was also thinking the speed density 5.8s had 19lb just like the 5.0 mass-air.Would I have a need for more fuel with only small mods?

They also have 24 pounders.

http://precisionautoinjectors.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=11

renix jeeps need the orange top 19lb injectors
HO jeep need the 24lb injectors. stock HO injector is 21-23LB ford Blue tops is what you want. you wont find those on and 5.0 HO mustangs that are stock. Late model 460 ford trucks had them.

renix jeeps need the orange top 19lb injectors
HO jeep need the 24lb injectors. stock HO injector is 21-23LB ford Blue tops is what you want. you wont find those on and 5.0 HO mustangs that are stock. Late model 460 ford trucks had them.

This is true about the 19# injectors on an HO. I found out the hard way. I bought 24# from precision injectors and they've been good so far.

Not ALL HOs use the 24 lb. injectors. HOs from 91-95 still use the 19 lb. injectors.

Back