• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how can i tell if i have a 4:1 low kit?

kingmeirl

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this cherokee with 8" lift on 38's. SYE and custom axles. I seem to recall the guy saying something about a 4:1 low kit in the transfer case. How can I tell what ratio I have in 4 low?
other info: dana 60 rear w/ 5.13 gears.
sorry if this is a dumb question!

Just look at the t-case,start at the tag,if it reads 241OR its a Rubi case.If it reads 231J,then look at the front half of the case,the front half of the Tera 4:1 case doesnt look anything like a std case.

looking at it, it doesnt look to be a tera case. it has ribs around the front output shaft and from looking at pics of the tera case there are no ribs. sad day i guess. that being said, what is the stock gearing difference between 4-hi and 4-lo?

looking at it, it doesnt look to be a tera case. it has ribs around the front output shaft and from looking at pics of the tera case there are no ribs. sad day i guess. that being said, what is the stock gearing difference between 4-hi and 4-lo?

1:1 and 2:72

Tera Low case pic for anyone who can't find it online.
165.jpg

Back