• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare Parts.

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Just a thought I had, it would be nice if everyone made a list of the spare parts they had in their rig. I know there was a lot of searching (and driving) for parts that were needed that people in the group had all along. 2-3 copies would work best (one for the trail leader, one for camp, 3rd for yourself), this is also a great way to figure out for yourself what you have and what you might need.

I'll be bringing Spare D30 shafts
Spicer joints for the Driveshafts
Spare fluids
Hose clamps
and a medium sized tool chest.

I was think more of a printed sheet that people have on them, it would also be usefull as a checklist for packing.

When I was in Arkansas at the Superlift ORV park, I was BS'ing with the guy who runs the place and keeps things squared away. He said he specifically didn't keep spare parts at the park because he didn't want the office to turn into repair shop. The ONLY part they kept there were D35 shafts...about 10 of them. Sure enough, in the weekend I was there they went through 3. :D

-----Matt-----

I have a spare radiator cap Alex ;)

Shafts, yokes, CPS, various sensors, tire, misc. bolts and nuts, U joints, DS, Alternator, electrical wire, connectors, valve stems, fluids, belt, idler pulley, rod ends, pitman arm, and other stuff.

And Alex, bring some money with you.

:D

I bring belts, hoses, fluids, axles for the front and rear, front and rear drive lines, unit bearings, tie rod/drag link, CPS, u joint straps and bolts, starter, alternator, and a bunch of misc. nuts and bolts.

we should just all pitch in $20.00 and purchase a parts rig to tow to the campground. bet it would be completely dismantled by the end of the event, ha ha

or see if we can build a complete rig with everyones spare parts ? anyone cary an extra body with em ?

Back