• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap electric OBA

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
looking for ideas on a cheap on board air comp. must be electric. i still use my a/c. i was looking at the pumps at pep boys but i'm not sure how reliable those are. the wires look kinda small. not to worried about a tank i can find one easy. yes i have searched. it all mentions turning the A/C into one.

this is the one i bought from my buddy for 30 bucks.. havent hooked it up and he didnt use it much but when he had it hooked up it was pretty reliable but took a good 15-20 mins to fill 5-7gallon tank at 120psi... so its sort of slow.....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93186

but none the less works and is alot cheaper then via air or whatever.. but quality is suffered with the cheaper unit....

btw this thing gets HOT!!!

thats 1 option...

this is the one i bought from my buddy for 30 bucks.. havent hooked it up and he didnt use it much but when he had it hooked up it was pretty reliable but took a good 15-20 mins to fill 5-7gallon tank at 120psi... so its sort of slow.....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93186

but none the less works and is alot cheaper then via air or whatever.. but quality is suffered with the cheaper unit....

btw this thing gets HOT!!!

thats 1 option...

I have one of these good to air up one tire maybe two ,builds up heat quick.....

Whats wrong with your a/c air conversion???? Thinking bout doing that ....

Nick

This is what i did, just run heavy wire
comp2.jpg

then installed my tank in the rear, off to the side
airtank.jpg

I can hear it run, but it isn't that loud..I live in the desert so my temps are high here. Is does not over heat at all..On real hot days 110 i'll open the seat to give it some extra cooling..

look for M-1050 or MV-50. Same compressor, different brand. Can be had way under 75$ if you shop and its king of the budget heap.

search for the costco vs harbor freight oba
good info, dont get the HF one.
costco has a nice compressor for around $60 IIRC

Back